• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tried to reinstall AI after getting "can only partially read this file" error, and now won't install

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I did:

My scratch disks were getting full, so I did a purge of all unnecessary info and also increased the max I allowed apps to use.
Today, I opened some Illustrator files and got a "Illustrator can only partially read this file" message. When it continued to open, 90% of all my work had just disappeared. I didn't save "those changes" and decided to uninstall Illustrator to reinstall a previous version, based off some other forum posts of similar issues I'd seen.

Now any version of AI I try to install gets to 5% and then gives me an "installation failed" message.
Anyone know what's going on with my AI?

TOPICS
Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Did you try to uninstall with the CC Cleaner app? https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

(uninstall --- run the cc cleaner app to clean up all the leftovers --- reinstall)

If not try that before installing Illustrator again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you try to uninstall with the CC Cleaner app? https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

(uninstall --- run the cc cleaner app to clean up all the leftovers --- reinstall)

If not try that before installing Illustrator again.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines