• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trim View unavailable

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Illustrator CC at work and at home.  At work I use the Trim View to view artwork without what is outside of the artboard.  I tried to use this feature at home and it is not available in the view menu.  I looked at my creative cloud apps menu and there are no updates available for Illustrator so I'm up to date.  Is anyone else having this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is: You are sure that you are using the latest version of Illustrator (23.0.6)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll check when I get home but I know there is no option to update in CC Apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible that your operating system does not support any updates newer than what you are running now. If that were the case, the newer ones would not show up in your CC application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a feeling you are correct about it being my OS.  I can't upgrade it past where it is now because of some other software I need on my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trim view works for me on Windows 10 in Illustrator 23.0.3 (the current version for Win). And the current version for Mac is 23.0.4. (Illustrator 2019 release notes (23.0.3 Windows and 23.0.4 macOS) ) If you're on the prerelease, then that version is 23.0.6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

23.0.6 is not a prerelease version. It is the latest official version on the Macintosh (Update August 2019).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder if they rolled out the update in segments. The Creative Cloud app didn't have an update available for me until this morning. I thought it was weird that the self-help page hadn't been updated yet (and still hasn't been updated). So I guess 23.0.6 is the current version for Windows, too. And Trim View also works for me in the update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes the updates aren't always rolled out at once. But I've often found I can force an update (assuming it's on the server ready) by choosing Check for App Updates in the desktop CC app menu (the ... icon).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Trim command is showing on my computer.

You may need to reset preferences, How to set preferences in Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this once in a while. Think it has to do with certain features that block the use of Trim View.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I came up with this issue in the middle of designing. Problem and solution: I accidentally hid artboards!

Keyboard shortcut to get them showing again: shift + command + H.

Or from menu: View > Show/Hide Artboards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines