• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble Grouping Objects

Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I group objects they don't stay grouped.  Anyone else experiencing this problem or have a solution?

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Solved my own problem, I was using the Direct Selection Tool instead of the Selection Tool.  Again, I appreciate that you were trying to help someone who doestn't using this program often.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you see in the Control panel or the Layers panel? A goup in Isolation mode?

Does it stop when you hit Escape?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying to help, I rarely use Illustrator.  I'm not sure what to look for in the Layers panel, and not sure what the Control panel is.

I'm just not able to keep objects grouped.  When I select objects and go Object > Group, the objects appear grouped.  If I click off the group and then click on one object in the group, it only selected the one object I clicked on.  If I then go to Object it shows the one item I clicked on is part of a group.

Also, I opened an old ai file that had grouped objects, none of them are now grouped, they are all now individual objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be something else then.

I was mistaken about the control panel, it is below that.

If you accidentally double click an object in a group, you get into isolation mode and can move the object individually.

Screenshot 2021-07-11 at 21.07.05.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved my own problem, I was using the Direct Selection Tool instead of the Selection Tool.  Again, I appreciate that you were trying to help someone who doestn't using this program often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, good to hear you solved it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines