Highlighted

Trouble with Illustrator

New Here ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So out of the bue, Adobe decided telling me yesterday that pdf is an unknown format, and won't be accepted. I was able to get a pdf accepted into Illustrator the same night, so I thought "ok, problem averted." 

Now back on Illustrator trying to get a comic turned in for the school newspaper, and it's saying the exact same thing again, preventing me from getting any work done. I've tired uploading it to my messenger to try and convert it into another format, tried multiple times to get it accepted, and nothing works. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, please help!

Topics

File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Trouble with Illustrator

New Here ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So out of the bue, Adobe decided telling me yesterday that pdf is an unknown format, and won't be accepted. I was able to get a pdf accepted into Illustrator the same night, so I thought "ok, problem averted." 

Now back on Illustrator trying to get a comic turned in for the school newspaper, and it's saying the exact same thing again, preventing me from getting any work done. I've tired uploading it to my messenger to try and convert it into another format, tried multiple times to get it accepted, and nothing works. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, please help!

Topics

File sync

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Open from the File menu? Not double clicking?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does that happen with all files or just one?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Abambo LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please tell us more about your operating system and version, the software and version. Please use EXACT version numbers. "Latest version" does not tell us that you really have the latest version and will no more be true at the next version level.

So out of the bue, Adobe decided telling me yesterday that pdf is an unknown format

May be the file is not a pdf and you only think it is... If it is a PDF it can be opened in Illustrator. There is absolutely no doubt about this. 

Regards,
Abambo
Hard- and Software Engineer and Photographer

I'm not an Adobe employee. All advice constitutes my own opinion. Use at your risk! 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines