• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble with opacity setting

Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a newbie to illustrator and having lots of problems understanding how to work with objects in layers. One of the many issues I'm having is that often my objects fill and storke color is semi transparent even though the layers have opacity set to 100. I think this is related to something with the "click to target, move to change appearence" circle icon on the layer. I'm still completely mystified as to what this does. If both the parent layer and the object say opacity is 100 where is would this layer be getting it's information from?

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Thanks guys. I think I get it now. I was expecting the opacity to display based on which layer or path I had selected in the layer menu. It appears to be displaying based on the selected contents. I'll read up on the appearance attributes and try and understand what the different states are being surfaced in the layer panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screenshot seems to indicate that you are not selecting anything.

What does the Opacity setting say when you select the path in Layer 16 (please check stroke as well as fill colour)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Opacity can be assigned at many levels including stroke, fill, object, group and layer (maybe more), and they can add to make a final appearance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lawrence,

As I (mis)understand it, select the pale path (you can do that in the Layers palette, or on the Artboard), then set the Opacity to 100% in the Transparency palette.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks guys. I think I get it now. I was expecting the opacity to display based on which layer or path I had selected in the layer menu. It appears to be displaying based on the selected contents. I'll read up on the appearance attributes and try and understand what the different states are being surfaced in the layer panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines