• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to export Layer instead of an image one by one for social media titles/banners, can't do it

Participant ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know its got something to do with the clipping mask

I WOULD like to isolate a selected layer here

robastian_0-1599694143822.png

With the clipping mask applied. I tried to export as psd file, won't work, the masked file will not come with it. I have dragged and dropped it. Again won't work, masked background grid will not come with it. For both I get this out come

robastian_1-1599694269550.png

Clipped grid does not come with it when I drag, export as psd file or export specific layer. I'm sorry if this is really simple. I have started on this at 11 am, I have not moved out of my chair only to get up and go to bathroom. Anxiety starting to set in.

Please help.

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

What I think I would do in your situation is: with the artboard tool, draw an artboard around each element you want to export rather than a clipping mask.

Then use the Asset Export panel to export artboards as whatever format you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

To export by layer you first need layers. There are only groups in that images.

Then use a layer export script. Such as this one, but there are others as well: https://gist.github.com/TomByrne/7816376

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have unlocked background everything. Not sure. I know it's got to be something simple and this can get my news websites youtube channel done where I plan on putting Illustrator tutprials to help noobs like me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to isolate a lower object I got from freepik if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tEdMVT76uU&ab_channel=VectorSlate%7CGraphicDesignTutorials
Is this really how the issue is solved? I have to go in for each and every object and do my best to cut out the extra stuff around it? Like so?

robastian_0-1599703286782.png

I have to save to some sort of losless file format? Then take it in a seperate Adobe photoshop and do my best to cut out the edges  when the edges are so fine??? And make it look blocky? Myback hurts so bad from sitting down for 13 hours.

This can't be the solution to this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xl3jYqzq-JrOzLJa4IElv5uvPjrk9Q-S/view?usp=sharing

Here is the template zip from freepik. 

The guy in Adobe Uservoice wasn't kidding. It was literally pain for me to sit down so long, I felt like going out and buying a xanax to just get 1 object exported with a clipping mask atttributed to it. I don't know about this anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I think I would do in your situation is: with the artboard tool, draw an artboard around each element you want to export rather than a clipping mask.

Then use the Asset Export panel to export artboards as whatever format you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To export by layer you first need layers. There are only groups in that images.

Then use a layer export script. Such as this one, but there are others as well: https://gist.github.com/TomByrne/7816376

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines