• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to recreate this shadow effect that create a 3d look to the card

Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I have been trying to create cards that have a similar look to the one pictured in the attached file, but I am struggling to get my shadows to fall off in the right direction for it to give the same effect. I have been able to get close by creating a gradient overlay that works to enhance the shadow applied, but I feel like there would be a better way. Any help would be much appreciated. 

Thank you for your time. 

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Are you talking about the shadows under the overlapping edges? Add a path under each card with a drop shadow applied, adjusting the shape of the edge and the shadow intensity as you see fit.

Peter

tromboniator_1-1612502246365.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about the shadows under the overlapping edges? Add a path under each card with a drop shadow applied, adjusting the shape of the edge and the shadow intensity as you see fit.

Peter

tromboniator_1-1612502246365.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So simple! I feel silly for not thinking of that. Thank you for your timely response and excellent explanation. Always fun seeing and learning solutions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome! I'm glad you found it useful. Feeling silly, at least some of the time, is sort of a requirement around here.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines