• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Turn off Illustrator "Catch up with what's new" notification

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to turn off this notification for the Learn window in Illustrator? It pops up every single time I open Illustrator, multiple times a day regardless of when I last opened, and it's driving me crazy. It's not useful or interesting, but I can't find anyone that's successfully turned it off. 

Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 11.03.54 AM.png

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Hi all,

We're extremely sorry to hear about this trouble.  I understand how distracting and frustrating it could be. Ideally, it should stop once you close it. We're currently investigating is issue but unfortunately couldn't replicate this behavior at our end. 

We need your help replicating this issue. In case you are still facing this issue, please feeel free to send us a DM. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should concentrate on solving the crashing thing.

It maybe has to do with preferences corruption and this would also explain the recurring help popups.

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html

Resetting the preferences will delete all your settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, following up. No crashes in quite a while, knock on wood, although I didn't do anything. Also, after my original post, the popup stopped popping. Resolved itself? No idea, but it's gone so I'm happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also updated to the new Illustrator 2021 and Photoshop 2021 and kept getting this annoying pop up. After trying all listed cures I've found one that is working " so far" in both programs. It appears related to the New Interface.

Preferences

Uncheck "Show Home Screen When No Documents Are Showing"

Check "Use Legacy New Files Interface" (Illustrator) or "Use Legacy New Documents Interface" (Photoshop).

When restarting either program for the first time both are slow reading the Preference but load normally after that.

I should note I had one instance in Photoshop when, after setting this preference and going back, opening the Preferance and making no changes, then hitting Cancel it popped up on Cancel but was okay when I went back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 24, 2021 Mar 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We're extremely sorry to hear about this trouble.  I understand how distracting and frustrating it could be. Ideally, it should stop once you close it. We're currently investigating is issue but unfortunately couldn't replicate this behavior at our end. 

We need your help replicating this issue. In case you are still facing this issue, please feeel free to send us a DM. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been an solution to this already? 

This is just REALLY annoying...  

I'm on a macbook pro 2018 / big sur 

2,2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7

32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 555X 4 GB

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. Happens tro me too, every time. Super annoying.

iMac running 10.15.7.  It's been happenign for a while now. Not sure which update it started with.

Massively annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been happening to me, too. It's very annoying. And it seems to only have started with the 2021 version of the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the love of all that is holy, nobody ******* cares about these stupid tutorials. Stop pushing this on us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you go, this worked for me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHXwYHwBues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is extremely annoying. I have looked everywhere and there is nothing I can do to get rid of it! I do hope Adobe will address the issue soon. There used to be a feature to turn it off - please put it back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2021 May 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is this marked as solved? This bug still exists. I see it everyday when I start Illustrator. I need to restart Illustrator everday because of some other bug where Illustrator cannot be kept open for more than 8 hours before a lot of things stop working. The amount of bugs a user has to deal with has a significant negavitve impact. On top of that, you mark things as solved when they aren't? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AudreyXY,

I have tried everything listed to date and none of them worked. I run the current Illustrator and Photoshop on two machines, a laptop and iMac and it drove me crazy. Unchecking Show Tool Tips didn't help but is part of the solution I found that works on both machines in both programs, at least for the last two weeks.

- Uncheck Auto Show the Home Screen.

- Check Use Legacy "New Document" Interface.

Leaving Show Tools Tips helps "some" but you still get the pop-ups, just not as often. I don't want them at all so I unchecked this.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank God....this seemed to have worked for me.

Adobe needs to stop being so damn intrusive!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a note that ever since I posted this I have not had this issue on either machine or program for over a month.

Hopefully this helps more users but this is not what we should have to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I have discovered is (under Illustrator... Preferences...) UNCHECKING the box called 'Enable Content Aware Defaults' will remove all the annoying pop-ups next to the tools when you try to select one and it seems to have pushed that annoying notification, in which no one can get rid of, to the bottom of the screen. It's my best option so far just to get it out of my view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Shauna5E7E  @Bruce5CDD  @Leepar @bradwoodsio

Sorry about this trouble. We're still investigating this issue. I have sent you a DM for more details, please check.

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uneducated Adobe employees.

They can't understand how frustrating it is for uses. 

For my fellow friends here is the solution :

1. Go to Illustrator folder in program files.

2. Search for : 

> com.adobe.illustrator.OnBoarding

> com.adobe.illustrator.OnBoardingForLearnPanel

3. Delete the god***n folders (move them to a new folder in case of future need)

4. Restart Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What solved the problem for me (I'm running macOS 11.4, latest Adobe CC):

- Turn off Syncing in the Creative Cloud app, and deactivated "always keep CC up to date"  in the general settings

- Start Illustrator, the notification may pop up again, click on okay, then close the "learn" window. Click "okay" on the next blue notification pop up

- When I restart Illustrator now, the annoying notification doesn't show up anymore (crossing fingers that it remains this way).

Of course, this workaround only helps/makes sense if your not using CC sync.

Cheers, Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just here to say, that on June 25th, 2021 this issue has yet to be resolved. For the love of God Adobe! Get rid of the damn notification! So annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add "never show again" as an option, or better yet, get rid of this pop-up entirely.

I've got so much work to do right now, and I'm having to take time to make this pitiful request, which will most likely get ignored for months, or maybe even years. Perhaps it's time to find an alternitvie to Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AudreyXY

I have tried everything listed to date and none of them worked. I run the current Illustrator and Photoshop on two machines, a laptop and iMac and it drove me crazy. Unchecking Show Tool Tips didn't help but is part of the solution I found that works on both machines in both programs. I've had no problems for the last several months.

This is the only fix that has worked for me.

- Preferences > General.

- Uncheck Show the Home Screen When No Documents Are Open..

- Check Use Legacy "File New" Interface.

Leaving Show Tools Tips helps "some" but you still get the pop-ups, just not as often. I don't want them at all so I unchecked this.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is fkin annoying and I doubt anyone's even using it, please focus on fixing bugs instead of creating new pop-ups, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi AudreyXY,

I run the current Illustrator and Photoshop on two machines, a laptop and iMac and it drove me crazy. Unchecking Show Tool Tips didn't help but is part of the solution I found that works on both machines in both programs. I've had no problems for the last several months.

This is the only fix that has worked for me.

- Preferences > General.

- Uncheck Show the Home Screen When No Documents Are Open..

- Check Use Legacy "File New" Interface.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No offense Adobe, but as a designer of 10+ years and always having been an Adobe user, this "Catch Up with..." balloon pop-up is EXTEREMLY ANNOYING. Please make a feature to disable this item.

Note: For those of you saying to disable tool-tips, that only applies to your mouse over text on the actual tool panels and other UI panels. It does not apply to this obnoxious pop-up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also updated to the new Illustrator 2021 and Photoshop 2021 and kept getting this annoying pop up. After trying all listed cures I've found one that is working in both programs. It appears related to the New Interface.

Preferences

Uncheck "Show Home Screen When No Documents Are Showing"

Check "Use Legacy New Files Interface" (Illustrator) or "Use Legacy New Documents Interface" (Photoshop).

When restarting either program for the first time both are slow reading the Preference but load normally after that.

I should note I had one instance in Photoshop when, after setting this preference and going back, opening the Preferance and making no changes, then hitting Cancel it popped up on Cancel but was okay when I went back. 

NOTE: I have had a couple instances where Show Tool Tips gets reset after and update but the above has held since May of last year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines