Highlighted

Turn off snap to grid when grid is hidden.

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone!

Is there anyway to handle both snap to grid and hide grid at the same time? (with custom script?)

Further explanation:

I use shortcut for both: CTRL + SHIFT + ALT + G to toggle the grid visibility, and CTRL + SHIFT + ALT + 1 to toggle snap to grid. Usually when I hide the grid, after than I turn of the snap to grid as well. So it would be efficient to do the two command at the same time with one shortcut.

Thank you for your support!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ton Frederiks | Adobe Community Professional

You could make an action (with the use of Insert Menu Item) that hides the grid and turns snap off.

Give the action a shortcut.

Both snap to and show grid are toggles so the action can be used to turn them on and off.

Topics

Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Turn off snap to grid when grid is hidden.

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone!

Is there anyway to handle both snap to grid and hide grid at the same time? (with custom script?)

Further explanation:

I use shortcut for both: CTRL + SHIFT + ALT + G to toggle the grid visibility, and CTRL + SHIFT + ALT + 1 to toggle snap to grid. Usually when I hide the grid, after than I turn of the snap to grid as well. So it would be efficient to do the two command at the same time with one shortcut.

Thank you for your support!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Ton Frederiks | Adobe Community Professional

You could make an action (with the use of Insert Menu Item) that hides the grid and turns snap off.

Both snap to and show grid are toggles so the action can be used to turn them on and off.

Topics

Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines