• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Turn off Tour

Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen two threads where this has gone unanswered. This is a major productivity killer, it pops up every single time I go to use Illustrator, it's intrusive and the worst type of experience. There's no way to turn it off, it keeps coming back. Has anyone resolved this?

Screen Shot 2019-01-02 at 10.28.41 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

^Right. Here it went Skip Tour > continue working > never see it again...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There must be some issue with your preferences, because usually once you have seen it, you won't see it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SO ... this is an answer???  Two decades in Illy and it's cute that you know all the shorthand, but can you translate this please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

grammame  wrote

SO ... this is an answer???

It was my simple way of relating the sequence of events I experienced. I had no involvement with it being marked the correct answer.

Two decades in Illy and it's cute that you know all the shorthand, but can you translate this please?

I don't know what the beginning of that sentence means, but there's nothing remotely cute about me, and I was attempting to present something succinctly. "All the shorthand," is something I surely don't know.

Translation: When the tour popup appeared the first time, I clicked Skip Tour and continued working, and then never saw the tour popup again.

I'm sorry you found version 1 so obtuse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"succinctly" means that you are an egotesticle moron who has NO idea and is just posting crap to see your name online

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHERE is SKIP TOUR you genius ?????????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 04, 2019 Mar 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This question hasn't been answered. I want to disable all these "helpful" "rich" tour items. It's no better than spam and a waste of resources.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BJN3  schrieb

This question hasn't been answered. I want to disable all these "helpful" "rich" tour items. It's no better than spam and a waste of resources.

Obviously it has been answered, because the thread opener marked it so.

If that doesn't work for you, please tell us details about your system. On my system I closed them once and then never saw them again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issues of having to deal with contextual popups mentioned by the OP are not addressed by the reply. Skip Tour only stops one contextual tour item. You will still get them when in different tool and panel contexts. If you want to address the OP's concerns about productivity and UX annoyance, we need a means to opt out of all "rich" tour popups, not swat them down individually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BJN3,

I do see your valid point, however, your interpretation of answered vs. not answered notwithstanding, the answer does explain the way it actually works, and the way it actually works is where the kernel of your dissatisfaction lies; not the content of this thread.

I'd agree that there should be be a simple switch in Preferences to turn off all possibility of the pop-up interruptions.

You can vote and comment further here: Please let us turn off the Tour – Adobe Illustrator Feedback

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This never got resolved, the giant animated tour popup still appears every single time I use Illustrator, despite clicking Skip Tour each time. Also I don't think Adobe reads these forums, ever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jjsiegel  wrote

This never got resolved, the giant animated tour popup still appears every single time I use Illustrator, despite clicking Skip Tour each time.

That seems to suggest that your preference file is being reconstructed on each launch for some reason. Does the installation reside on a shared drive? I'd try making a new user account to see if it makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's installed on my laptop, and has no strange configuration. My laptop is new, with a clean install of Adobe on it and nothing carried over from my last laptop. It's basically a new laptop where I turned it on the first time, went to Adobe's site, bought CC, downloaded and installed it with nothing else installed on my new laptop. So safe to say this is their engineering issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm guessing this will never get resolved, ever. Every single time I use Illustrator, Photoshop, or Indesign, giant animated tooltips will show constantly, like banner ads now flashing while I do my work. What a great experience, I hope Adobe continues to keep innovating, like thinking how to shuffle key commands with every new release and changing functional behaviour randomly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2019 Sep 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please don't post into every available thread. Continue the discussion here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/Illustrator/How-Do-I-Turn-Off-That-Annoying-Tour-Window/m-p/10607446#...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

god adobe is just full of jackasses.    

designers at adobe: since we get all this money from month to months,  lets not fix the old problems that have been in the sys for years, lets make things more annoying.  Lets make popups default !!

FO

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines