• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Two different artboards with same number in Illustrator

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I create a new file with many many artboards, Illustrator makes two that it labels as 60, not just in name but also in the internal labeling that determines the order and exporting files. Going up to 200, it doesn't seem to have any other duplicates, but I am attaching a screenshot of all of the numbering for reference. One thing this does create a bottleneck in my workflow is that because there is no artboard 59, whatever is on the 59th artboard ends up exporting as 60 and then immediately gets overwritten by the real 60 when exporting from artboards.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Hi there,

So sorry to hear about this trouble. Please save your file and try resetting Illustrator preferences by following these steps:

For MAC 

• Close all Adobe applications. 
  • Go to locations 
  • ~/Library/Caches 
  • ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe 
  • ~/Library/Preferences 
  • Rename  Adobe Illustrator, com.adobe.illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to   Adobe Illustrator.old, com.adobe.illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old 
  • Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cl

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

If the steps suggested by Srishti do not help, please add your vote to this Uservoice: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/39220252-artboards-with-the-same-number-missing-number That way you will be notified if there's an update or fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

So sorry to hear about this trouble. Please save your file and try resetting Illustrator preferences by following these steps:

For MAC 

• Go to locations 
  • ~/Library/Caches 
  • ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe 
  • ~/Library/Preferences 
  • Rename  Adobe Illustrator, com.adobe.illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to   Adobe Illustrator.old, com.adobe.illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old 
  • Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud. 

For Windows 

• Go to Location C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe 
  • Rename  Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old 
  • Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud. 

Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and Illustrator will recreate new folders with default settings.  

Let us know if this helps or if you have any further issue.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue, but since my version is 26.2.1, I cannot use these same instructions. Is there an updated way to correct this problem? You can see that artboard 23 is duplicated, so I'm unable to export artboard 22 properly.

Screen Shot 2022-05-03 at 9.24.45 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find an answer to this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, and it still happens very frequently. As does the issue that Goddard0101 mentions below. Very unfortunate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has gone on too long now, since 2020! Still no fix, it seems to be even worse. I'm on the latest version of Adobe Illustrator as of Jan 2023, we pay too much

for these programs to suffer such nuances.

Screenshot 2023-01-31 at 11.21.01.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the Alt/Option + Dragging duplicates layers, select the Artboard tool (Shift+O) and click and drag a new one in your pasteboard. This creates a new artboard, without duplciating it. Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2023 Oct 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This does not help with this particular problem, unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the steps suggested by Srishti do not help, please add your vote to this Uservoice: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/39220252-artboa... That way you will be notified if there's an update or fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines