• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Type directions missing in Paragraph/ Character panel in Illustrator 2020 (24.2.3)

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I suddenly can't find my RtL type tool for some reason and I tried to fix this issue for over an hour but to no avail. In my preferences on adobe creavite cloud my default install langues is English תומך עברית. I tried to re-install illustrator but that didn't help.  I saw that if you go to preferences in illustrator and then type you can check Show Indic Options to revel ME options, but the problem I don't have that option in my preferences. I also saw that if you go to the Character window you're supposed to have an option for defult dircetion/RtL character direction/LtR character direction, but thoes options just don't exist for me.

I'm at a loss and I have no clue how to fix this.

I use illustrator 24.2.3

the problem is not just with illustrator but also with indesign and photoshop type tool

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Bug , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 22, 2020 Aug 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about this trouble. We're able to replicate this behavior and currently working on it. Till the time it is fixed I would suggest if you could install v24.2.1. 

Also, please post this issue on our UserVoice page and share the link here. This way you'll keep getting all the updates related to this feature and other users could also upvote that.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I also re-installed and still have the same problem.  I have had this problem before but circumvented it with the paragraph panel and changed the direction of the paragraph, but that option is not there now.  I was able to change the language of a paragraph in the character panel and at least my typing was right to left, but c'mon Adobe, why is this so complicated, for years now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines