• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Type on a Path "Space Bar" ISSUE ..

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2021 Jan 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The type I'm typing on a path will not accept a "space" from the space bar ,,, It allows me to hit the spae bar but when I type the next word, there is no space between them .. it reads as one word! Has anyone else ever had this problem?

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it just the type on a path or normal text objects as well?

Just this font or others as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently it was just one particular string of text -- I tried the eyedropper on a fresh string of text and yes it had the same "no space" issue. So I just now used the eyedropper from another instance of that same font and it now spaces fine! Have you ever seen this happen and if so does it seem to be corrupted text? Oh and all of these are the same font, just different instances of that font. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it happen with other fonts as well?

Can you please check all the settings in the character panel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the first time it's happened so no, so far it's just the one font. My first thought was to check the character panel but nothing seems abnormal there -- and I'm not sure what setting would cause text to ignore a space from the space bar -- All of the settings for spacing that I see effect the font per word/line but still allow a space inbetween. Do you have a seeting in mind that could alter the font to butt words together and ignore the space?  By the way I sure appreciate your help!!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Negative Kerning/tracking can dothat, but would need tobe applied just to the space.

You could also check the justifications settings in the paragraph panel (in the menu)

But since it is just that font, I doubt it's about the settings. Which font is it?

What happens when you use that font in a point text or area text?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The font is Proxima Nova -- However I do believes it has something to do with the settings. There are other instances of the same font which are working fine -- It was just this one instance that was used as text on a path when this happened. I think something changed in the font settings but I just need to find it to figure it out. Everything moving forward now is working fine since I sampled from a good string of text in this same font!   So thank you again so much and I'll chime back if I find the setting and let you know! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines