Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to access Dropdown menus in Illustrator 25.3.1 on macOS Big Sur 11.4

Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

This morning all dropdowns except those in the OS's menu bar stopped opening. They show a highlight, but won't flip open. Sometimes I'm able to cycle through options with my keyboard, but rarely. Everywhere is affected—even Asset Export and Preferences.

I restarted AI, restarted my Mac, reinstalled AI without preferences, and it persists. This means I can't access blend modes or make critical changes to preferences (since I just nuked them), and makes working with type considerably more difficult.

Has anyone else seen this? Is there a quick fix? Thanks!

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't see a way to edit, so posting my system info here:

• AI 25.3.1
  • MacOS 11.4
  • MacBook Pro Intel 16" (2019)
  • 32GB RAM
  • Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
  • AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble you are facing. Could you please share some more details like:

• When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently.
  • Are you using external monitors? If you do, open illustrator on your main Macbook screen and disconnect other monitors. And see if dropdown menus are working again.

If switching back to the primary monitor doesn't work, I would recommend you follow the article's (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behaviors-in-illu...) instructions step by step and see how it goes.

I will be looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines