• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to change Illustrator CC2020 app language from English to Norwegian

Participant ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm attempting to switch my Illustrator CC 2020 from English (International) to Norwegian. For recording some tutorials. Although cumbersome, it works fine for all other apps, but not for Illustrator.

1. I have created a new Windows 10 user account (just in case).

2. I have changed the Windows language to Norwegian (this seems to affect the language of the CC desktop app only).

3. I have uninstalled Illustrator, removing all preferences (both normally, and with CC cleaner).

4. I have uninstalled the CC desktop app (both normally, and with CC cleaner).

5. I have reinstalled the CC desktop app.

6. I have set the default application language (in the CC desktop app) to Norwegian.

7. I have reinstalled Illustrator.

I have been reinstalling Illustrator like 10 times now. It ends up as English every time no matter what I do. At some point I deleted some OOBE-folder as well (forcing it to be recreated). There must still be some obscure hidden file/setting somewhere locking the language to English (but where?!).

Any idea how to fix this?

The one thing I have not attempted yet is to remove every single adobe-related application from my system (there is a lot) and then manually doing search-and-delete for every file and registry entry I can find related to adobe. I'd rather not. I have also not attempted to reinstall Windows. Again, I'd rather not. Changing app language should be as simple as picking the language in a drop-down in preferences, but as it stands it is somehow easier to change the language of my entire operating system than for CC apps. 😞

{Renamed by MOD}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I see you have performed basic troubleshooting yourself in order to change the language. At this point, I'd recommend contacting Adobe live support on https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Click on the chat icon at the bottom right to begin the conversation. Support team there will be able to perform remote troubleshooting on the machine and will be able to help you out accordingly. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Turns out, this is more of a UI/usability issue. The current way multiple languages are handled in CC is inconcistent between apps, and they support different languages and there is no way to easily see what languages are available without looking up documentation online per app.

Norwegian is an available language in the CC Desktop App, and choosing it lets you install Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat, etc. in Norwegian. But NOT Illustrator. Illustrator is not in Norwegian apparently, so you get an English version when you specifically choose that you want it in Norwegian. With no explanation as to why. 

So basically it lets you choose unavailable languages, and if the language doesn't change as expected you have to go online and start digging through system requirements to see if the language is *actually* available at all, or if you forgot to do something (e.g. in Photoshop you also need to go into Ps preferences and change the language there after installing a new language in the CC desktop app).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines