Highlighted

Unable to close Color panel in Illustrator 2020 on macOS Catalina

New Here ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to disable this? Right now I just put it off on another screen so it's not in the way. I saw somewhere mentioning using the X shortcut but that doesn't do much in closing the panel. Is it possible to script this to remind closed? 

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to close Color panel in Illustrator 2020 on macOS Catalina

New Here ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to disable this? Right now I just put it off on another screen so it's not in the way. I saw somewhere mentioning using the X shortcut but that doesn't do much in closing the panel. Is it possible to script this to remind closed? 

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 14, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with Illustrator. Could you please confirm which OS and version of Illustrator you are working on? What happens when you close the panel by clicking X on the top-left corner of the panel?

close color panel.png

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Catalina and Illustrator 2020 (24.1.2 )

Yeah, that works until it auto opens again. Dunno why it opens on its own, pretty distracting. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's definitely not normal. Did you try resetting Illustrator preferences? If not, please try following these steps and let us know how it goes:

• Close all Adobe applications.  
  • Go to Location C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe  
  • Rename Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old  
  • Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud.  

Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and Illustrator will recreate new folders with default settings.  

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured out that it's when I click on the fill/swatch pallet at the bottom of the tools bar:Screen Shot 2020-05-14 at 10.52.17 PM.png

I guess it force opens the color panel. Resetting my preferences didn't change the behavior 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 14, 2020 0