• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to create new document in Illustrator CC 2017

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just installed Illustrator CC 2017 and I'm unable to create a new document. I can open documents up but for some reason I can't create new. It's all normal until I press the "ok" button, and nothing happens. Driving me crazy!

I've already gone to preferences and changed it to legacy "file new" interface and it hasn't helped.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

If you have had a previous version of Illustrator installed prior to installing CC 2017 then it might be a problem with the preference file that was left behind. For some reason CC 2017 doesn't seem to like running with an old preference file.

To reset Illustrator's preferences:

For Macintosh Users: With Illustrator closed launch a Finder Window in column view and click on your home folder. With the Option Key pressed choose Library from the Finder Go Menu. Within the Library folder find the folde

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

help1.png

Hi Im using windows and I had the same problem ... 

I searched and found this solution which was fine for me 

follow the path " Edit --> Prefrences --> General ( Or use Ctrl + K for shortcut) 
then enable the "(Use legacy "file new" interface)" item and press ok  

now you can create a new document ... I hope this will solve your problem too

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have had a previous version of Illustrator installed prior to installing CC 2017 then it might be a problem with the preference file that was left behind. For some reason CC 2017 doesn't seem to like running with an old preference file.

To reset Illustrator's preferences:

For Macintosh Users: With Illustrator closed launch a Finder Window in column view and click on your home folder. With the Option Key pressed choose Library from the Finder Go Menu. Within the Library folder find the folder called Preferences and within it find the following two files and delete them: “Adobe Illustrator <Version #> Settings” (earlier versions of Illustrator might just say “Adobe Illustrator”) and “com.adobe.Illustrator.plist”. When Illustrator is next launched it will create new preference files and the program will be restored to its defaults.

After you’ve reset up the program (make sure that no document window is open) to your liking, it is a really good idea to create copies of your personalized “mint” preference files (make sure that you quit the program before copying them—that finalizes your customization) and use them in the future to replace any corrupt versions you may need to delete.

For Windows Users: Hold down Ctrl + Alt + Shift when launching Illustrator and respond affirmatively when asked if you want to reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're a genius! Thank you so so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

perfect. thank you very much. i would have never been able to figure this out on my own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like a screen shot for this problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

llease can you send me screenshots of this problem because I have too this problem can you help me? sir

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going through this problem in my head. Will you help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you're not able to reset your preferences?

Which version and which system is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have also this problem. Please check enclosed picture. 

Macbook pro, MacOS Catalina, Illustrator CC 2020

Slika zaslona 2020-06-08 u 21.25.00.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having the same issue with blank new document screen. I cannot create new custom files except for the presets on the home page.

Maybe Adobe is doing background maintenance today. 

Adobe Illustrator Blank Screen..png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

help1.png

Hi Im using windows and I had the same problem ... 

I searched and found this solution which was fine for me 

follow the path " Edit --> Prefrences --> General ( Or use Ctrl + K for shortcut) 
then enable the "(Use legacy "file new" interface)" item and press ok  

now you can create a new document ... I hope this will solve your problem too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much, this really helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2020 Jun 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks dear yes it's worked for me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!! Perfectly worked for me!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is such an under appreciated post. Man, I was looking for a solution and this happened. 

Thank you so much @ALBORZ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You legend - thank you so  much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!!! 🙏 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WORKED Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you @ALBORZ 

So helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Bll_Silbert,

I am unable to create files in Adobe Illustrator 2020. It create blank screen at the time of file creation. currently, I formatted my device and installed only Adobe Illustrator 2020.  I am sharing the screenshot kindly help us on that.

in  my system  I am only installed Adobe Illustrator 2020 not nay previous version available in my system  

Screenshot (15).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Bll_Silbert,

Please reply I am waiting for your end  response 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2020 Jun 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a community forum. Everyone here helps on their own schedule in their spare time.

This thread is marked as solved. So many people won't even see that there's a new message.

This thread is about version CC2017. You have a different version.

You might want to create a new thread.

Please tell us the exact system and version in your new thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe. Will you be fixing this issue. I have the very latest update only a month a go and now I cant open a new document. Not good is it when you cant create a document to even start working.

Cmon Adobe. School boy error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines