• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to create new document in Illustrator CC 2017

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just installed Illustrator CC 2017 and I'm unable to create a new document. I can open documents up but for some reason I can't create new. It's all normal until I press the "ok" button, and nothing happens. Driving me crazy!

I've already gone to preferences and changed it to legacy "file new" interface and it hasn't helped.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

If you have had a previous version of Illustrator installed prior to installing CC 2017 then it might be a problem with the preference file that was left behind. For some reason CC 2017 doesn't seem to like running with an old preference file.

To reset Illustrator's preferences:

For Macintosh Users: With Illustrator closed launch a Finder Window in column view and click on your home folder. With the Option Key pressed choose Library from the Finder Go Menu. Within the Library folder find the folde

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

help1.png

Hi Im using windows and I had the same problem ... 

I searched and found this solution which was fine for me 

follow the path " Edit --> Prefrences --> General ( Or use Ctrl + K for shortcut) 
then enable the "(Use legacy "file new" interface)" item and press ok  

now you can create a new document ... I hope this will solve your problem too

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is a printer connected, set up as the default pinter and turned on? If not, connect one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My printer hasnt been connected for over two weeks. Ive been working in illustrator just fine, Then suddenly, can't create a new document. What has a printer being connectd got to do with it? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator writes printer information into the file. If the printer cannot be found, you get all sorts of issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 24, 2020 Sep 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. The same thiing is now happening in photoshop 2020. This is madness. IS Adobe now saying you must buy a printer and connect it to your mac to use Illustrator and Photoshop. There's abug, an issue.. Please fix. Not good having to resort to legacy window to open or create a new file. Please tell me Adobe is sorting this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not talking to Adobe here. 90% of forum participants are not Adobe. Only staff is obviously Adobe staff. So if you want to blame someone, don't do it while asking for help. You are yelling at the wrong folks.

You can of course install a PDF printer. No need to have a physical one. Also: in case this is Windows: after each update you need to at least check the PDF printer if not re-assign it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Monika. When you put Adobe Community Professional in your title it makes people presume you work for Adobe on a community platform 🙂

I work on a Mac Monika. Evrything was working fine until this week and now it affects all my adobe programs. Madness..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This document explains what CPs are: https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community/meet-the-experts/td-p/4788640?page=1

As for your issue: if you can't solve it yourself, contact support. They can login to your system: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

As for Photoshop not being able to make new documents: that is a completely different issue. Please ask in the Photoshop forum.

Also: if you only used shortcuts until now, please try if it works when you use the menu File > New.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. I don't like resorting to using the legacy 'new document' window and I very much prefer using the new settings with all the presets presented in that window 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.

By @Zia Cabotaje

There are far too many issues in this thread. Please tell us which issue exactly you have.

Maybe even create a new thread for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I am facing a problem while creating any new document, i am unable to select or edit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines