Highlighted

Unable to create new file in AI 2020 on Windows 10

New Here ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i just install AI 2020 and this it what happened. Hope someone can ACTUALLY help me with.
Thanks.
Here is the video.
https://youtu.be/dL-9mRnXG38 

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to create new file in AI 2020 on Windows 10

New Here ,
May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i just install AI 2020 and this it what happened. Hope someone can ACTUALLY help me with.
Thanks.
Here is the video.
https://youtu.be/dL-9mRnXG38 

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 18, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you confirm the specifications of your computer, including free space.

Also, can you confirm that you have restarted u=your computer (sorry I need to ask, just in case), and 'cleaned' your pc using Windows Disk clean-up

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I don't really understand "specifications" but i can give this

XamsG_0-1589913415444.png

XamsG_1-1589913449681.png

I've tried download other version of AI like Portable n stuffs long ago but i also can't use them.
This is my first time download the original AI from Adobe and it has the same problem like other version i downloaded.
And i have never cleaned my laptop before, its new.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please make sure you have OS and GPU drivers updated to the latest version.  I'd also recommend resetting the preferences once. Please try following the steps below:

• Close all Adobe applications. 
  • Go to Location C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe 
  • Rename Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old 
  • Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud. 

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and Illustrator will recreate new folders with default settings. 

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the recommendation, but it doesnt work.
I can see the function when i renamed those folders but i think it's not the main problem happened to me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2020 0
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A portable version of Illustrator? There is no portable version.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2020 0
New Here ,
May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure, but if you search AI Portable on google, there're tons of them. I'm kinda a fool for believe them but yea.. If i'm not wrong, i already tried to install like 4 or 5 versions of AI. None of them work properly like tutorials from Youtube.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 19, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Monika is absolutely correct. Adobe has never created an official version of Illustrator CC Portable. All portable versions of Adobe software are unlicensed modifications created by users. Adobe Illustrator Portable is the unofficial name given to modified versions of Adobe Illustrator that can be launched without an installation.
These software may contain bugs and viruses. Please find more information about it on https://fixthephoto.com/illustrator-portable.html

If you have issues with the official app, you may try using Creative Cloud Cleaner tool(https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html) to remove existing installation and try installing a fresh copy. You mentioned you tried to install these portable versions, I'd recommend cleaning them all. Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 20, 2020 0
May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Adobe Illustrator Portable is the unofficial name given to modified versions of Adobe Illustrator"

Or let's say it without beating about the bush: "Illustrator Portable" usually refers to a cracked version of Illustrator.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 20, 2020 0
Resources