• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to delete a dxf that was opened in Illustrator 25.2

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I try to delete a .dxf file that was previously opened in Illustrator, I always get the error "The action can't be completed because the file is opened in Adobe Illustrator 2021".  Any other file deletes just fine.  This only happens with .dxf files. The only way to get them to delete is to close Illustrator.  I didn't have this issue prior to the 25.2 update.  Anyone else have this problem?  I am using a Windows pc.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2021 Apr 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone? Coworkers updated and are now having the same problem. No solutions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I occassional get this with pdfs and fonts - can you move the file to the desktop, and then delete?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to move it, I get the same message and it won't let me move it.  The only way I can get it to delete is to colse and re-open Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far, the only thing that I have found to work, which by chance also fixed an issue I was having with a script I previously ran, was to roll back to version 25.0.1  I will stay here until tthe bugs are worked out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Having the same problem here, as well as when trying to save over the opened dxf, have to save to a new file name and is incredibly frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines