• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to duplicate all content of an artboard?

Engaged ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an artboard with several layers, all visible and none of them are locked. I tried duplicating everything on the Artboard though I keep getting a message about something about locked layers or visible items and the artboard copies, but not everything copies over. I tried by duplicating the artboard on the artboard panel and by alt/dragging with the artboard tool. I also went to View > Show all

What other types of things might be causing this?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kat,

How about possible Template Layers?

And/or locked objects within unlocked Layers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have a Template layer, and I unchecked that box for it before trying to duplicate the artboard.

By locked objects do you mean object > lock selection?

Edit: I just made sure I selected all and chose object > unlock and tried duplicating with the same result

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried Select>All on Active Artboard>Copy then you can paste or Paste in Place on new Artboard or whatever you are trying to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will try this. I did try to select all and alt/drag the artwork to a blank artboard and it had the same result.

Edit: I tried this and it seemed to copy everything over, though it is showing invisible outlines of the artwork. When I select the outlines its like there is no stroke so I add the stroke and there is also no fill, but it doesnt change anything. Im also noticing that when selecting the invisible outlines the transparency was set to 0 in the transparency panel, after changing to 100 it still does not display. What could be causing all of this? I had someone help me when setting up the file and I think they may have made some type of mask for me. Could that be affecting things?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines