Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to duplicate objects by Option+ Drag in Illustrator

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

As soon as I have data, graphics in a artboard and I try to (option + drag) to duplicate the artbaord it's working 1 on 10 drag and it's killing my work flow completly. When I open a new document without any graphics it's super easy to (option + drag) to duplicate. 

Anything to help me? Appreciated

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. That's not the typical experience with Illustrator. Let us help you fix this. Could you please provide a few more details like:

• OS and version of Illustrator
  • What type of graphics (jpeg/png/ psd) are these? 
  • Is the issue related to a specific document? If yes, could you please share the document with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link. 
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently. 

We’re here to help, just need more info.   

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti! 

Thank you for the follow-up! 

• OS and version of Illustrator
    Illustrator 23.4, MacOS Catalina 10.15.6

• What type of graphics (jpeg/png/ psd) are these? 
    None of them, it's graphics that I created from scratch in the arboard.

• Is the issue related to a specific document? If yes, could you please share the document with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/creative-cloud/help/share.html) and share the download link. 

• When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system
    This problem started recently, before It was easy to drag-drop. 
    updates or web extensions installed recently.
     Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 9.29.00 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 14, 2020 Oct 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for sharing the details.  There is no such version like 23.4. Do you mean 24.3? I would also like to know how the other modifier keys working? Does Shift drag Align the objects properly?

Try booting the system into Safe Mode (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/global/start-safe-boot-mode-mac.html) and check how it works there.

Regards!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines