unable to export at this resolution. please lower the resolution and try again

Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys.

Created a pattern (3600 x 3600 px) which I need to save in JPEG format at 300 dpi. How can I do it without lowering the res?

Thanks

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Community Professional , Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019
Exporting a 3600px artboard from Illustrator at 300ppi would create a JPEG 15,000 px wide, and I get the same message when attempting it, so perhaps it's outside some hard limit for Illustrator.If you want to end up with a 300ppi, 3600px JPEG, create it by intended physical size, not pixel size. 3,600 pixels at 300 ppi is 12 inches. So:1. Create a 12 x 12 in artboard.2. File > Export As3. Tick 'Use artboards' in the file browser window.4. Set to 300 ppi.

translate

Translate

Translate
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shouldn't be a problem at all, so whatever issues you may be experiencing could be technical ones. In any case, without any actual info about your system, your document, your version of AI etc. nobody can really tell you much.

Mylenium

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exporting a 3600px artboard from Illustrator at 300ppi would create a JPEG 15,000 px wide, and I get the same message when attempting it, so perhaps it's outside some hard limit for Illustrator.

If you want to end up with a 300ppi, 3600px JPEG, create it by intended physical size, not pixel size. 3,600 pixels at 300 ppi is 12 inches. So:

1. Create a 12 x 12 in artboard.

2. File > Export As

3. Tick 'Use artboards' in the file browser window.

4. Set to 300 ppi.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, don't EVER choose a size in Illustrator in Pixels if you don't want 72 ppi. It only works for 72 ppi, it doesn't mean what you think. Do the math instead and work out the required size in inches.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does not look like a limit to me, it works fine in the latest version.

What system ai version do you have and how do you create the jpeg?

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right, I'm getting variable results now for some reason.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're exporting multiple artboards to jpegs, pngs, svg's, etc., when you go to save you need to make sure you have "use artboards" checked and then click all or the range you'd like to export. Otherwise, when "use artboards" isn't checked it thinks you're asking to export the entire workspace and all artboards into one single jpeg.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My fix was to Load the Ai file into photoshop. Had to tweek the size once it was loaded but got the smoother image i wanted.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2021 Feb 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First u save that file in PDF format then you reopen that pdf in illustrator and save in png format.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines