• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Install Adobe Illustrator CS5

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am able to install all programs on my CS5 Adobe Suite disc except Adobe Illustrator. I am receiving an error message which says "There were problems with your installation. some required components may have failed to install. This could impact functionality of installed applications". Then when I click the Illustrator icon in Applications, it says "The localized resource files for this application could not be loaded. please reinstall or repair the application and try again".  I am currently running OS X El Capitan on my Mac Book Pro. Where can i find the localize resource files and how can I repair the application? I do not know what to do in order to install Adobe Illustrator CS5.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 05, 2019 Feb 05, 2019

Your system is not (fully) compatible.

So the installation might or might not work at all:

Older versions of Adobe Illustrator system requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your system is not (fully) compatible.

So the installation might or might not work at all:

Older versions of Adobe Illustrator system requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stevo,

If applicable, you may consider letting El Capitan go down with his ship. You may be able to go back relatively painlessly, if you have a Time Machine backup:

http://osxdaily.com/2015/10/09/howto-downgrade-os-x-el-capitan-mac/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run AI CS5 successfully on El Capitan. I CHOOSE to stay with El Capitan precisely because AI CS5 will not work on newer OS versions.

I suspect JAVA is the culprit. I remember needing to update JAVA when I "upgraded" to El Capitan.

The only issue I deal with is AI CS5 does not close properly. Everytime I intentionally close AI CS5 I receive a system message saying it "Unexpectedly Quit". This does not seem to affect its function however and the advantages of working in CS5 far outway the thought of no longer having it as an option.

This thread may yield more answers about JAVA updates and CS5:

OSX El Capitan - Adobe CS5 Suite - compatible?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Stevo3781, did you ever figure out the "localized resource file" issue. I am getting the same message on my mac OS El Capitan with CS4.

Can someone please help me.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines