Highlighted

Unable to launch Illustrator 2020 (24.1.3)

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Three days ago my illustrator simply failed to open. I have spent over 5hours with online support who took over my computer and they failed to open it either. I am waiting a call back from the higher up gurus..however, is anyone else having this issue? 

To clairfy it was working absolutely fine until last Friday!

{Renamed by MOD}

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to launch Illustrator 2020 (24.1.3)

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Three days ago my illustrator simply failed to open. I have spent over 5hours with online support who took over my computer and they failed to open it either. I am waiting a call back from the higher up gurus..however, is anyone else having this issue? 

To clairfy it was working absolutely fine until last Friday!

{Renamed by MOD}

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with Illustrator. Could you please share a few more details like:

• Operating system you are working on.
  • Does it give any error code or message?
  • Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently.

You may also try resetting Illustrator preferences. Preference settings are saved each time you quit the application. Crashing and unexpected behavior in application can be caused due to corrupt/ damaged preferences. Please follow these steps and let us know how it goes:

For MAC

• Close all Adobe applications.
  • Go to locations
  • ~/Library/Caches
  • ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe
  • ~/Library/Preferences
  • Rename Adobe Illustrator, com.adobe.illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old, com.adobe.illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old
  • Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud.

For Windows

• Close all Adobe applications.
  • Go to Location C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe
  • Rename Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old
  • Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud.

Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and Illustrator will recreate new folders with default settings.

Another possible issue could be Permissions errors on Illustrator preferences folders. Here (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/preferences-folder-read-only-error.html) are the steps to resolve that.

You may also try steps shared in this help article and share your observations with us.

Also, I am sending a DM for case details, please check.

Let us know if this information helps or you have any further questions. We'd be happy to assist.

Regards,

Srishti

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines