• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to launch Illustrator 2020 on macOS Catalina

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why so many issues with AI 2020 on MAC OS 10.15.3? The app will not even open. WTF?

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine launches fine in MacOS 10.15.3, maybe some fonts problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Darryl,

So sorry to hear that you are facing problems with Illustrator. I am hopeful that the issue is resolved by now. If not, please try the steps shared here:

1. Reset Preferences: -

• Close all Adobe applications.
  • Go to locations:
    ~/Library/Caches
    ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe
    ~/Library/Preferences
  • Rename Adobe Illustrator, com.adobe.illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old, com.adobe.illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old
  • Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud.

Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and Illustrator will recreate new folders with default settings.

2. If that doesn't help, try booting the system into Safe Mode (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/global/start-safe-boot-mode-mac.html) and check how it works there. It starts your system so that it performs certain checks and prevents third party software/ services from automatically loading or opening. If it works fine in Safe mode, then there is some third party service or application like antivirus, plugins or web extensions which are conflicting with the Illustrator.

3. If that doesn't help either, login to Root account (https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204012). Check how application works there. If it works fine there, then it could be related to permission errors. Follow these steps to repair permission errors: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/preferences-folder-read-only-error.html

4. If nothing helps, then we need to troubleshoot this on a live session. Please head here (https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html) and select the chat button in the lower-right corner of the page. We can help on a live session that way.

Regards,
Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2020 Feb 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having similar problems. Illustrator 24.0.3 is extremely slow and glitchy. I have been troubleshooting for hours, dutifully following instructions in your forums. None of them are working. The chat button srishtib8795206 mentions above does not exist, and the "contact us" button under the Support dropdown goes nowhere. 

I would appreciate a live support connection asap.

Thank you.

Kristi

Screen Shot 2020-02-13 at 5.41.46 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you quit all adobe apps and tried resetting the prefs as @srishtib8795206 suggested? 

If you still need help please let us know hat model mac adn ram you have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I meant to plug in on the thread below instead—I'm able to open Illustrator but it's extremely slow and glitchy.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/illustrator-cc-2020-24-0-3-slow-performance-on-macos-moja...

I included a screen shot of my setup in last msg, but here you go:

MacBook Pro, lat 2013

2.3 GHz processor

16 GB memory

I have:

• Turned off all other Adobe apps and unnecessary fonts

• Reset preferences the quickie way twice, plus once manually

• Tried app in safe boot mode (every bit as glitchy)

• tinkered with preferences and other settings in illustrator

I've been testing all of this with a very simple file I had as well as with a brand new virgin file. It takes several seconds just to switch from tool to tool and key commands aren't working, not even undo.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2020 Feb 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello? On deadline here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble and delay. If you have already tried the steps shared by Srishti, then we will need to troubleshoot this at your machine level, please head here https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html

Click on the message icon(on the right-hand side bottom corner) so that we can take a remote session and help you faster that way.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on the page link you sent. Please tell me exactly where this messaging icon is. I swear I've clicked on every link that would appear to get me to support and each one sends me to a general support page. A screen shot would be much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please find below the screenshot for the contact us option. Please ensure that you are signed in with your Adobe ID.

Contact Us.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been signed in to my account all along and my page does not show that icon.

Screen Shot 2020-02-14 at 12.13.43 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have sent you a DM, please check.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know about the community as a whole, but I deeply resent having to "get technical" to use my new mac book with Illustrator and other Adobe apps. I am not a novice, been using Adobe apps for years. But everytime I think I am just going to do what I do, that is be creative and use my computer as a tool, I am confronted with this community support to solve technical problems. Seriously, I think Adobe and Apple are both making enough money to get the problems solved without forcing their artists and designers to fix technical problems with incompatibility. I just purchased a new macbook and I have Adobe CC, but Illustrator will not open. And, while I appreciate all the input from the community about workarounds and creative fixes, I am tired of have to fix things so my workflow can go on. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can contact Customer Care and have them login to your system and try and figure it out. https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Please consider: while there aren't a lot of Apple hardware configurations, there still is a lot of software that can lead to conflicts. A lot of software packages are rather intrusive - think of screensharing or even remote maintenance. And since this is built into browsers these days even browsers are able to mess with several applications. So it's not just an Apple/Adobe issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines