• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to launch Illustrator 2020 on Windows 10.

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I have just installed the new 2020 build from cloud and all updates are up to date. When I launch it it starts to open then a box appears in the middle of the app and it never starts just hangs up. I have rebooted and all my other apps like photoshop and everything else work fine. I am running windows 10. Any suggestions? Thank you in adavance. 

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Bug , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

So sorry to hear about this. I understand how frsutrating it could be. Before we start troubleshooting, I would request if you could share a few more details like:

• Screenshot of application where it gets stuck.
  • Does resetting Illustrator Preferences help resolving this issue? If you have not tried that yet, please try following these steps and let us know how it goes.

-Close all Adobe applications.

-Go to Location C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe

-Rename Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old

-Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud.

Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and Illustrator will recreate new folders with default settings.

You may also try the steps shared in this help article and share your observations with us.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2020 Aug 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem... Renaming settings folder doesn´t help.

It crashes there:

rons75178507_0-1598273155166.png

What else can I do. I´ve tried to start up for hours... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 31, 2020 May 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I hope your issue is resolved now.

We'd appreciate if you mark the helpful response correct once your issue is resolved. You may also share any other workaround you might have used. This will help other users with the similar situation.
If you still have issues, please share a small video of your workflow. It'll help us understand your issue better and help you accordingly.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines