• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to launch Illustrator 2020 on Windows 10.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear community members!

I hope you all doing well, and please stay safe where ever you are!

I'm running the latest Adobe Illustrator 2020 version on my Windows 10 and it won't launch!

Basically, once I click the icon, the Illustrator starts launching on my desktop for a split second, and when the lunching details reach to "Initializing..." it stoped there, and the beautiful launching background graphic turns into dark color and just stays like that forever until I close the Application using Task Manager. SAD!

{Renamed by MOD}

What could be wrong, and how it will be solved?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alami,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with Illustrator. That's definitely not a typical experience with the application. Let us make this right. Before we start troubleshooting I would request if you could share a few more details like:

• Share crash logs by following these steps: https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/crash-next-steps.html
  • Event Viewer logs. Press Windows+R to open the Run dialog, enter eventvwr (or eventvwr.msc) and hit OK. Go to Windows Logs > Application and check if you any error related to Illustrator.
    Event Viewer Illustrator.png
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently.

We’re here to help, just need more info.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

please help me as soon as possible.

my email: sanjida.tahira187@gmail.comScreenshot_1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2020 Jun 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue. We had a power outage over the weekend and that's the only thing that had changed between when it was working Friday and not opening on Monday. I'm gathering information as you outlined above and submitting a crash report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I take that back. I never get a crash report window so I cannot submit a report. Any suggestions on how to deal with this issue? I've uninstalled all Illustrator versions, restarted, and reinstalled with no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you rest the preferences when uninstalling?

Did you use the Adobe Cleaner tool?

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

A power outage might have caused a lot of damage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 07, 2020 Sep 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about this trouble. I am hopeful that the issue was fixed. If not, we have recently released an update for Illustrator 2020 (v 24.3) which contains some stability fixes. If you are not already on v24.3, then we recommend you to update to latest version.

If that doesn't help, try steps shared in this help article and share your observations with us.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines