Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to launch Illustrator 2020 on Windows machine

New Here ,
May 13, 2020 May 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Illustrator has stopped working wuddently due to an update. I tried many times to update it but it was not working so I tried to uninstall the whole thing and to re-download it but I still have trouble. The error message is indicating the following :

Exit Code: 145
-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------
 - 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 2 warnings(s) 

FATAL: Error (Code = 145) executing in command 'MoveDirectoryCommand' for package: 'AdobeIllustrator24-Core', version:24.1.2.408
FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobeIllustrator24-Core Version: 24.1.2.408). Error code: '145'
WARN: target folder 'C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 2020\Presets' does not exist, treating package 'AdobeIllustrator24-Settings' as uninstalled
WARN: Target directory already exists: 'C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 2020\Support Files\Contents\Windows'
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

COuld you please help me?

Many thanks! 

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Hi Srishti

Thanks for the answer. I actually did not followed the steps above as I finally achieved to install and launch illustrator by removing files and restarting the computer. 

Best, 

Marika

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marika,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with Illustrator. Please try the steps shared on these similar discussions and let us know how it goes:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/error-code-145/td-p/8151115?page=1

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/error-code-145-on-illustrator-update/td-p/10569382?page=1

https://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/illustrator-2017-update-fails-error-145/td-p/9033351?page...

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to know if the steps suggested above worked for you, or the issue still persists. Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Srishti

Thanks for the answer. I actually did not followed the steps above as I finally achieved to install and launch illustrator by removing files and restarting the computer. 

Best, 

Marika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines