Highlighted

Unable to launch Illustrator CC2018/2019 on Win7-32bit.

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

My Illustrator app 2018 CC version is not responding, meaning Im not able to open the app. It just becomes white and it appears on top 'not responding'. I have also tried 2019 CC version, it also reacted the same way.

I have downloaded it many times, tried some tips from youtube but no hope.

I have windows 7 (32-bit).

What should I do now ? Any thing that works ?

{Renamed by MOD}

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to launch Illustrator CC2018/2019 on Win7-32bit.

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

My Illustrator app 2018 CC version is not responding, meaning Im not able to open the app. It just becomes white and it appears on top 'not responding'. I have also tried 2019 CC version, it also reacted the same way.

I have downloaded it many times, tried some tips from youtube but no hope.

I have windows 7 (32-bit).

What should I do now ? Any thing that works ?

{Renamed by MOD}

Topics

Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nihal,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I'd recommend resetting the preferences of Illustrator once. Please follow instructions provided on help article https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html#setting_illustrator_preferences 

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

If it does not help, you may try creating a new user account on the machine and see if you are able to launch Illustrator from there. Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nihal,

I am afraid it was the 32 bit bit that bit you.

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/system-requirements.html

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Jacob, CC2018 and CC2019 are compatible with 32bit Windows OS. That should not be an issue. Please check system requirements for CC2018 on https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/system-requirements/earlier-versions.html and CC2019 on https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/system-requirements/2019.html

Just wanted to clarify. Thanks!

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ashutosh,

I overlooked the November part on the page I linked to. But trouble ahead with 2020.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nihal,

As you can see from the links, you will be unable to install CC2020 on your current OS which only meets the requirements of you current CC2018 and CC2019, so I am afraid they must live or die together.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines