Unable to move objects with arrow keys in Illustrator

New Here ,
Jul 02, 2021 Jul 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, my arrows on my keyboard dont work. If i want to move an objects i have to pick it up and move it with my computermouse instead of move it with the arrows. This is so anoying and i think its just a preference i have to reset, but witch one? 

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Juul,

try a reset of Adobe Illustrator preferences. Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (macOS) as you start Illustrator. The new preferences files are created the next time you start Illustrator.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the first item - Keyboard increment - on the first panel - General... Hard to find.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just in case, check if your keyboard increment is set to something absurdly small (Preferences > General).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. The suggestions given above are all correct. Here is a short video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09FmZHw50W0) of how to change keyboard increment setting in preferences.

If these suggestion doesn't resolve your issue. You may follow the steps given in this article (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behaviors-in-illu...) and let us know how it goes.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Can't move objects with arrow keys in Adobe Illustrator? Fix the illustrator increment settings. If you can't move objects using the arrow keys in Adobe Ill...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines