Highlighted

Unable to open .aix file in Illustrator

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to open an .aix (Adobe Illustrator Exchange) file exported from ArcGIS Pro into Illustrator CC (24.2.3) Illustrator is telling me that it is an aunknown format and cannot be opened. I don't even see .aix as an available file format in the "open" window. I have the ArcGIS MAps extension for creative cloud extension installed and am signed in to the ArcGIS Online acccount that I administer.

Can anyone help me figure out how to use this?

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Third party plugins

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to open .aix file in Illustrator

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to open an .aix (Adobe Illustrator Exchange) file exported from ArcGIS Pro into Illustrator CC (24.2.3) Illustrator is telling me that it is an aunknown format and cannot be opened. I don't even see .aix as an available file format in the "open" window. I have the ArcGIS MAps extension for creative cloud extension installed and am signed in to the ArcGIS Online acccount that I administer.

Can anyone help me figure out how to use this?

TOPICS
How to, Import and export, Third party plugins

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 04, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. I'd request to follow suggestions given on Adobe community discussion and let us know if they help.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 05, 2020 0
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those steps in the link you gave are exactly what I did, Until I get to step 4 .aix doesn't show up as a valid file type, in the file > open window. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 06, 2020 0
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get an answer to this? I'm having the same problem.  I've downloaded the ArcGis to Adobe software, I updated both apps to 2020, I logged into ArcGis in illustrator, and yet it still says unknown and doesn't show .aix as a compatible file type.  Spent the last hour trying to make this work thinking it would save me time and now I feel like I've just wasted an hour and should've done old fashioned PDFs.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 08, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the exact same problem.  .AIX is not an option in the 'file type."  I had no issues at all until Creative Cloud auto-update to Illustrator 2021.  I have uninstalled Illustrator 2021, then reinstalled 2020, and I am still not able to use .aix files.  In 2020, I can at least pull up the ArcGIS plugin, whereas I could not in 2021, but I still cannot use .aix files. Very frustrating, especially since Adobe did an auto-update the day before I was supposed to give a presentation on the ArcGIS Plugin for Adobe.  I am not able to give the presentation now.  I have even tried uninstalling 2020 and reinstalling again with the same issue.  Thank for any advice you can give.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 29, 2020 0
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had similar issues. This is what worked for me:

In Illustrator (whichever version you want to use), go to windows => Extensions and check if it has "ArcGIS maps for Adobe Creative Cloud" extension INSTALLED IN SOFTWARE. 

If it misses the extension, you have to probably download it again. (This is where I think the issue lies, when Illustrator updated, it failed to download the extension and hence we can't seem to open the AIX file)

Link to download: https://www.esri.com/en-us/arcgis/products/maps-for-adobecc/overview

Once you have downloaded it, sign in and you should be good to go. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 08, 2020 0
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was not able to see the format Adobe Illustrator 2019 and 2021.aix. I have reinstalled the version of this software for 2020 and now it works.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 21, 2020 0
Resources