• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open any files in Illustrator 2020 (24.0.1) on macOS Mojave

Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2020 Jan 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm at a complete Illustrator stand still and need some help so I can get my project out the door. 

I recently updated to Illustrator 24.0.1 on my iMac - running Mojave 10.14.6 - and, although the program launches fine, it will not open any files no matter if it's one of my existing projects using a previous version of Illustrator, an in-app tutorial, or an Illustrator 2020 template/sample file.

When I go to open from any file, either within the program or via the finder, nothing happens. Illustrator just sits there in the default mode, completely dorment. 

BTW, my updated Photoshop (21.0.2) and InDesign (15.0.1) appear to be working fine. Illustrator is the only one misbaving.

I hope to hear back from someone soon as I am dead in the water until I get this issue resolved.

Thanks,

~ mh

Here's a report I pulled from my System Info listing: https://pastebin.com/JUybeCFR

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

So sorry to hear about this issue. I am hopeful that the issue was fixed. If not, I would request if you can share a few more details like:

• Where the files are saved (Network Drive/ System HDD/ Shared Folder on System /External HDD)?
  • Does it allow you to create a new file?
  • Do you have a Default printer assigned to your machine?
  • Does resetting Illustrator Preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html) help resolve the issue?
    Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Feel free to let us know if you still need assistance.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried reseting Illustrator Preferences. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Illustrator. I've even tried praying over my Mac, but nothing helps. 

The program will launch, but when I try to open any sort of file - one of mine or one of the many Illustrator sample files/templates - the program just sits there in limbo… f-o-r-e-v-e-r. The one exception is whenever I try to create a "new" document the "new document" window pops up, but it's totally blank also. (See attachments.)

Can't get beyond Start Up WindowCan't get beyond Start Up WindowBlank "New Document" WindowBlank "New Document" Window

This is my home computer - one I use for occassional freelance work - an the last version of Illustrator that I know actually work on it was CC2017. I just had a hot job come up and I'm trying to make get by with an older Illustrator CS 5.1 version I still happened to have.

Is there an Mojave/Illustrator 2020 conflict issue? Can someone provide me a link to a previous CC2017 which used to work on my iMac? My other main Creative Cloud apps (PS and InDesign) appear work fine. I really need this issue resolved so I can get this job out.

~ mh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is a printer connected, set up as the default printer and turned on?

Illustrator always looks for a printer when opening a file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A printer is connected, but turned off/unplugged because I rarely print off it. Do I need to disconnect?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try and turn it on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2020 Feb 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did. Same issues remain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble. Could you please try setting Adobe PDF as the default printer. If that doesn't help, please try booting the system in safe mode( (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/x-productkb/global/start-safe-boot-mode-mac.html) and check if it works there?

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm away from the computer today. I know it's likely very simple, but kindly tell me how do I set the Adobe PDF as the default printer. I'll try it tonight.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't figure out how to set Adobe PDF as default printer because I can't open a file in Illustrator 2020 to access print options. Also, starting in safe mode fixed nothing.

This is really beginng to effect my freelance livelihood. I can only put off my client for so long.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try the 24.0.3 update which is new.

If that does not work install CC2019. The other versions you may have to try a few to Ilustrators to find as my 24.0.3 only has uninstall option.

Screen Shot 2020-02-11 at 8.56.42 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines