Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open/create new documents in Illustrator on macOS

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I have a MAC, downloaded Illustrator via Creative Cloud, uninstalled, restarted the laptop, reinstalled and I still cannot open an existing nor new document. It is ridiculously frustrating. 

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Thanks, unfortunately that didn't work. I tried multiple times. 

Luckily, I changed to a different laptop in the meantime, so I am no longer facing this issue as I entirely deleted the software from that Mac. Thank you for your quick response and help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

What issue are you facing, are you getting some error alert or blank Illustrator screen?

Could you please try the solution from the below thread?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/quot-the-operation-cannot-complete-because-of-an-unknown-...

Let us know if this resolves your issue.

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Would you mind sharing version of the OS & Illustrator?

In addition to the great suggestion given by Charu, I'd recommend resetting preferences manually once. Please try instructions below to do that:

• Close all Adobe applications. 
  • Go to locations 
  • ~/Library/Caches 
  • ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe 
  • ~/Library/Preferences 
  • Rename Adobe Illustrator, com.adobe.illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old, com.adobe.illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old 
  • Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud.

**Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and Illustrator will recreate new folders with default settings.

Let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2020 Sep 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, unfortunately that didn't work. I tried multiple times. 

Luckily, I changed to a different laptop in the meantime, so I am no longer facing this issue as I entirely deleted the software from that Mac. Thank you for your quick response and help! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines