Highlighted

Unable to open exported work paths into Illustrator

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All work paths exported out of Photoshop to Illustrator will not open. I also cannot place the path file into Illustrator. Running the latest versions of Photoshop and Illustrator. Any ideas on how I can work around this?

Topics

Import and export, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Unable to open exported work paths into Illustrator

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All work paths exported out of Photoshop to Illustrator will not open. I also cannot place the path file into Illustrator. Running the latest versions of Photoshop and Illustrator. Any ideas on how I can work around this?

Topics

Import and export, Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, make sure all paths objects are in the paths panel in photoshop ( window -> paths) 

then go to File-> export -> path to illustrator..

this will save all paths in an illustrator document.

open the file in illustrator, the paths will be invisible ( unpainted objects) you can press ctrl + A to select All,

or you can press ctrl + Y ( to see them in The outline mode)  you can now select each path with the selection tool give it a fill color ( make sure to press ctrl + Y  to get out from the outline mode )

there is one more Tip,

In photoshop,  click on one of the paths in the paths panel, press ctrl + c ( copy) and paste in illustrator ( ctrl + V ) 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines