• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to preview the Illustrator files in Preview pane Illustrator 2020 on Windows

Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is this feature suddenly gone? Extremely regretful about downloading this update, for multiple reasons. But since I've made too many files already on 2020, I can't revert back. 

{Renamed By MOD}

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Hello, 

I finally uninstalled 2020 and 2019 and re-installed 2020 and it worked. 

I think the problem might be due to the fact I didn't uninstall 2019 before installing 2020. 

Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with Illustrator. I would request if you can share a few more details like:

1. Are you able to preview any other files?
  2. Where are the files saved (Network Drive/ System Hard Drive/ Shared Folder on System /External Hard Drive)?
  3. Please also try turning off and on the preview pane.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Yes, other files are able to be previewed. Colleagues of mine who have not updated to 2020 are still able to preview AI files like I used to be.

2. They are saved on our company's internal network 

3. That didn't fix it

Thanks Rishabh! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing additional information. I have passed the details to the Product team and will get back to you as soon as I get a revert. We will really appreciate your patience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this issue, and am regretting updating as well. This has made what should have been a quick few clicks to find a file with a stock icon I need a much longer process because now I'm sorting through all of the opened files, and bogging my computer down with how many files I've had to open to look for this icon. Please bring this feature back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2019 Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new update today fixed it for me! The preview pane has a bunch of blank space around the document, but it's still better than before! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear it has been resolved! Feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions or issues in the future. Thanks!   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both Illustrator and Windows 10 are updated to the most current version and I still have this problem. I can no longer see ai file previews in the windows explorer preview pane. Please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happened after I upgraded to 2020 a few weeks ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I also and still have the problem with the last update of Illustrator on Windows 10. Wasting precious seconds to identify files 😞 

Any other help from @adobe ? I already tried the options listed above. 

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to fix this issue. I had to uninstall illustrator from creative cloud desktop app, then run the Adobe creative cloud cleaner tool for all apps. Restart the computer, and re-download illustrator 23.1, not illustrator 2020. Then open the file explorer, and turn the preview pane off then back on.  Now I can preview all my illustrator files in the preview pane in Windows 10. Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2020 Jan 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I finally uninstalled 2020 and 2019 and re-installed 2020 and it worked. 

I think the problem might be due to the fact I didn't uninstall 2019 before installing 2020. 

Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to hear it has been resolved! Feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions or issues in the future. Thanks!   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2020 Jan 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So how do you fix this problem, I just noticed it tonight 01/20/2020. I can preview everything except AI files?

Any help is appreciated...

Doyle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 31, 2020 Jan 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you are using Windows and not Mac OS. To fix the issue I uninstalled all versions of my illustrator. At least all the CC versions and 2020. After that re-install just Illustrator 2020 and windows preview should work again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not resolved if we have to uninsrtall and reinstall. Adobe makes a fortune from these programs. Sending out a module that doesn't work is not acceptable. Resend you message to look inot this. I dodn't have any Abobe products installed when I installed Illustrator 2020. I can't find a work around for your firm's failure.

Please don't expect your users to rememdy your problems for you.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LNav74 you are amazing! Thanks for taking the time to come back and post your results on the thread. This also solved my preview issue. I see that drinktanks_art posted something similar, but I was not notified of their post. At least the community was able to help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also uninstalled 2020 and reinstalled and that fixed the problem.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2023 Apr 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I am still not able to see the thumbnail preview of illustartor files, I can see the files in preview pane.

Can someone help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines