Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to rezise any object or text box

Jun 16, 2009 Jun 16, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm unable to resize any objects or text box in any document. I'm using Illustrator CS3. Bounding box and edge are already turned on. Could anyone help me please?

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Deleted User

As I've said, bounding box are already turned on.

It happens with any object or any text box in any document, even if I create a new document. I can't resize or rotate with the move tool (black arrow) and I also can't transform objects (moving only one line or one point..) with the direct selection tool (white arrow). The only thing I can do white these tools is select.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Shift + Ctrl + B  solution worked for me aswell, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They must be locked command control 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks but It doesn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it on a locked Layer?

Can you select it at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try Unlock All from the Object menu. Cmd-Opt-2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What resizing methods have you tried?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ooops I mean command option 2 as larry stated.

You have the objects locked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing is locked and i'm still unable to resize my objects with the selection tool. I can only use transform/scale, pls help me, I want the short way back!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And yes I can select it, I can move it, I can transform it  threw the transform pannel but I can't resize it with the selection tool as usual and it's really frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you attach a screenshot of a selected object?  Are you sure that you're using the move tool?  (the black arrow accessed by hitting "v")  Is this happening to one object only or everything that you create?  In a new document?

You'll have to bear with the rudimentary questions for such a fundamental issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you perchance turn bounding boxes off?

Otherwise I always prefer S for scale and R for rotate, that way you can mark the centre of scaling/ rotating accurately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I've said, bounding box are already turned on.

It happens with any object or any text box in any document, even if I create a new document. I can't resize or rotate with the move tool (black arrow) and I also can't transform objects (moving only one line or one point..) with the direct selection tool (white arrow). The only thing I can do white these tools is select.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trash your preferences.

Hold Command-Option-Shift down while launching Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know the shorcut for a pc because i'm not on a mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I did. I can only guess though... Ctrl-Alt-Shift + launch AI. But I know Ctrl-Alt-Shift has other repercussions on a PC at times.

Essentially You want to remove the "Settings" files. I think on a PC they are located directly in the Adobe Illustrator Folder. Try moving the Settings folder to your desktop and then relaunching Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2016 Feb 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Location of Preferences

2. From Help: About Preferences

3. Shift + Ctrl + Alt during program launch is the keyboard shortcut method for Win.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2015 Mar 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for me to trash my preferences with the command, shift, option keys held down while launching Adobe Illustrator CC 18.1.1

Thank you [scott]‌

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2015 Oct 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Holding Shift + Ctrl + B  solution worked for me. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Shift + Ctrl + B  solution worked for me aswell, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this solution worked perfectly....I'm back in business....I assume that restarts the program with "factory" settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2018 Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I had this problem as well and holding "Command-Option-Shift down while launching Illustrator" worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

^ this right here is the fix. Solved my problem in 2 seconds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much!!! I´ve been trying to fix it all day. I didn´t know what else to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2020 Nov 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much... I faced the problem while I was under official pressure. Thanks for saving me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines