• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to right-click on an image and open in Illustrator

New Here ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have multiple images saved on my computer in different folders. I just upgraded to Illustrator 25.0 and now I'm unable to right-click on an image that's saved to my computer and open it with Illustrator. Illustrator just sits there and I have to click on File > Open and then navigate to the image in order to open it. All of my images are in different folders and it's easier to open them from File Explorer. Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Hi there,

Sorry about the delay. I am hopeful that the issue was fixed. If not, please try the steps shared on this page (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/how-to-fix-a-crash-and-recover-documents-in-illustrator/t...) and share your observations with us. 

Feel free to let us know if you still need assistance, we'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which system?

What keeps you from opening the file via right click? No context menu? Or Illustrator doesn't launch even after being selected from the context menu?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 365. Illustrator doesn't launch even after I select it from File Explorer. Photoshop, InDesign and Dreamweaver are all working fine this way, it's only Illustrator so not sure what's going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry about the delay. I am hopeful that the issue was fixed. If not, please try the steps shared on this page (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/how-to-fix-a-crash-and-recover-documents-in-illustrator/t...) and share your observations with us. 

Feel free to let us know if you still need assistance, we'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines