Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to save Ai file in first go in Illustrator 2020 on macOS

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I am currently struggling with my Illustrator, when ever I save my AI File it gives me an error, so I try saving again, then it works, but when I go into my folder I see a bunch of random files saved in there? See below

I just updated to the new Illustrator CC today and am working on the most recently updated  iOS system on my macbook.

Screenshot 2019-11-05 at 20.35.51.png 

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most recent Mac OS has had some severe changes. It changed user privileges and depending on the system you came from there might be other changes to the file system you didn't have recently. So have you read the documentation?

Where are you saving your files? If not on the local disk, please try that. Also: do you save to some cloud folder? Other synched folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Monika, I only recently downloaded the new Illustrator CC so the large mac update was before I downloaded Illustrator, and yes I am saving my files to the local disk, and only save to my cloud folder once I am finished a project, so not saving to that folder yet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you try if it works better when you first save as a PDF (Illustrator-editable of course)? And after that as AI?

Also: it looks like you save AI without PDF compatiblity. Does it work better when you include the PDF?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for reaching out. A similar issue has been reported by a few other users as well. Please try the steps shared on this UserVoice link: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/38961718-v-24-generic-e... and let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines