Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Save any documents in Illustrator as AI files

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, 

I am on a Mac running OS Big Sur version 11.2.3 and have Illustrator version 25.2.2.

I made a 2 documents yesterday and only one of the ai files has saved. I have gone in to make amendments to the other one and noticed that if I try to 'save' or 'save as', I get an error saying 'An unknown error has occurred'. 

I have gone back to old documents made last month and they are having the same issue. I have also tried creating a new document and saving it and get the same error message. 

Any suggestions? 

TOPICS
Bug , Performance , Sync and storage

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Hiya,

I am trying to save it to my computer. I have plenty of room on my hard drive for it.

I have actually just updated my operating system to Big Sur 11.3 and that seems to have solved the issue for now.

Apologies, for wasting everyone's time! The new update was only released yesterday - you wouldn't think it would have that quick of an effect.

Thanks
Helen

Helen Blyth
Marketing Manager
Select Appointments

PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED BY MODERATOR

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, where are you trying to save your files? On the computer, external storage, cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hiya,

I am trying to save it to my computer. I have plenty of room on my hard drive for it.

I have actually just updated my operating system to Big Sur 11.3 and that seems to have solved the issue for now.

Apologies, for wasting everyone's time! The new update was only released yesterday - you wouldn't think it would have that quick of an effect.

Thanks
Helen

Helen Blyth
Marketing Manager
Select Appointments

PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED BY MODERATOR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 28, 2021 Apr 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, we are happy that your problem has been solved. If you need help in the future, please contact us 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is  a printer connected, set up as the default printer and turned on? When saving, Illustrator looks for a printer. If it can't find one, it can act funky.

Also can you try and turn off "Save in background" in the preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! I was having this issue too on my brand new mac with a fresh download of CC AI 2020. I could save a pdf file to my compute but not ai. I went to illustrator > preferences > file handling and clipboard > (uncheck) save in background. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines