• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to save custom brushes in Illustrator 2020 on Windows 10

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator is such junk these days. Everyday, different garbage issues. Pretty much everyday I need to fix bulltihs like this......Straight Junk.

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with Illustrator. In addition to the suggestions shared by Monika, you may try resetting Illustrator preferences. Unexpected behavior in application can be caused due to corrupt/ damaged preferences. Please follow these steps and let us know how it goes:

• Close all Adobe applications.
  • Go to Location C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe
  • Rename Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old and Adobe Il

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version on which system is this?

Exactly where are you trying to save the brushes library?

Can you save AI files elsewhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Illustrator 2020 24.1.1

on

Windows 10 Pro 64bit 

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator 2020\Presets\en_US\Brushes

but my file has disappeared  a few times now. 

Also having a hell of a time when for some reason the machine runs out of memory or something, It starts to freeze up not allowing me to save that particular file, usually having to end the process from task manager. Any ideas for that also while I have you? Appreciate it 

Crash report: https://pastebin.com/TQRe9cAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Saving into the application folder might be prevented by user privileges. Systems are configured in a way that this is not as easy as it used to be. Can you save that file elsewhere and then move it into the system? Can you check if user privileges are set up correctly? Does Windows have a utility for that? (I'm a Mac-User and can only tell you that saving directly into system related folders has become close to impossible on recent systems).

As for the lock up after a couple of hours of work: how much free RAM is on your system?

Do you save on local disks or via networks? Where are linked files located in your large documents?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had no problems really saving things down until maybe a few hours into a workday where everything becomes finniky. I'm not 100% how to determine when I've hit a certain amount that the program decides to just stop functioning properly, so If I've been opening multiple page large documents I end up needing to restart the program to get to function properly for a short period. If im working with pure vector based material without thouands of nodes, it doesnt get problematic nearly ever during the day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2020 Jun 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with Illustrator. In addition to the suggestions shared by Monika, you may try resetting Illustrator preferences. Unexpected behavior in application can be caused due to corrupt/ damaged preferences. Please follow these steps and let us know how it goes:

• Close all Adobe applications.
  • Go to Location C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Adobe
  • Rename Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 24 Settings.old
  • Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud.
    Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. This way all your old settings will be saved in .old folders and Illustrator will recreate new folders with default settings.

Another possible issue could be Permissions errors on Illustrator preferences folders. Here (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/kb/preferences-folder-read-only-error.html) are the steps to resolve that.

Let us know if this information helps or you have any further questions. We'd be happy to assist.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines