Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to save files in Illustrator on Windows machine

New Here ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone! I need some urgent help here 😞

I'm currently finishing up my final submissions for college work via illustrator and for the last few days, despite pressing Ctrl S many times the documents are never saved upon illustrator crash costing me hours of progress. The auto recovery box unticks itself regularly too on crash, can anyone help me recover my lost files/advise here? Thank you!

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all: don't rely on file recovery.

Make backup copies: don't just use Ctrl+S. Use Save as to save different versions of your file from time to time.

Where are you trying to save?

Which version and system is it?

What does that mean: "documents are never saved"?

Are there any files, which just don't open?

Are there no files at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Yashna,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are facing with Illustrator. In addition to questions asked by Monika, I would request if you could share the following details:

• Is the issue related to a specific document? If yes, could you please share the document with us? You can upload it to the Creative Cloud and share the download link. 
  • When did this start happening? Are there any recent changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates or web extensions installed recently. 
  • Does resetting Illustrator Preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html) help resolve the issue? 
    Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Please update the discussion if the issue is resolved or if you still need assistance.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines