• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to save files in Illustrator

Explorer ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to express my frustration with Adobe. I put 200+ hours into creating artwork in Adobe Illustrator last fall/winter, and now that work is gone. 

I saved my document every time I worked on it. Every time I opened Adobe Illustrator, the welcome screen showed my art and I was able to open the work from there. But now it is completely gone. I believed I had been saving it on my computer too, but whenever I try opening the files I get a message that says "the shortcut no longer exists" or something like that, and the files are empty. 

Adobe seems to be the only software that does not reliably "save" the work I create when I press "save". 

I just finished talking to support for an hour and a half, and the ultimate response I got was "you need to create your file again". 

This is completely unacceptable. 

When I press "save", I expect my work to be saved! In any other software, I press "save", and when I reopen the software I can reopen my file exactly as it was when I "saved" it. For some reason this does not work in Adobe Illustrator. Whether it is saved in my computer, in the software itself, or in the cloud, I don't care, but it needs to be saved somewhere. 

ADOBE, PLEASE STREAMLINE YOUR SAVING SO WHEN I PRESS "SAVE", I CAN BE SURE MY WORK WILL BE SAVED. 

I should not have to navigate convoluted controls to save my work as it appears on the screen, let alone have it disappear entirely.

TOPICS
Feature request , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Hi there,

Sorry about the delay. I am hopeful that the issue was fixed. If not, please try the suggestions shared on this page (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behaviors-in-illu...) and let us know how it goes. 

Feel free to let us know if you still need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do you save your files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you "saving" it? What do you mean by "press" save? Are you going to File > Save via the menu? Do you know where on your computer you are saving it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Sorry about the delay. I am hopeful that the issue was fixed. If not, please try the suggestions shared on this page (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behaviors-in-illu...) and let us know how it goes. 

Feel free to let us know if you still need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines