• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to save in Illustrator 23.1.1 on MacOS Catalina

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, anyone having issues when using Illustrator 23.1.1 with the new MacOS catalina?

Ever since I updated the OS to catalina, I can't open/save/save as/import/export or have access to any finder functions from the app.

My way around it is to make a copy of an existing file and edit the name and open it to change everything. This is annoying.

I've tried to remove and re-install the illustrator, resetting the preferences, don't work.

{Renamed By MOD}

Any ideas?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are so sorry to hear about this issue. This has been reported by a few other users as well and our team is working on it. 

We need a few more details to investigate this issue further. For example:

• SPX file from MAC
    Click on Apple Icon > About this Mac > System Report 
    This will launch the System Profiler
    Then Click File > Save > Save in Creative Cloud Files
    Then open www.assets.adobe.com
    Click on three dots next to spx file > Share > Copy Link and paste it in Private message I just sent you.

clipboard_image_3.png

• Could you please confirm if you are using MacBook Pro Touch Bar? If yes, please go to System Preferences > Keyboard and check if you see the Touchbar options? We have noticed that user's who are using MacBook Pro Touch Bar are getting this issue more.

clipboard_image_4.png

All this information will help us investigating this issue and fix it as soon as possible.

I would also request if you can upvote this issue here: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/38772067-can-t-save-fil...

This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases.

As a workaround, please try saving the document by following this method. 

Go to Files > Scripts > SaveDocsAsPDF

clipboard_image_5.png

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rishabh, thanks for the reply.

I sent you my spx through PM.

And yes, I'm using the pro with the touch bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details. I will pass it on to our Product team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please note my response below. This is an ongoing problem for my company as we've a server filled with old legacy versions of files built by different artists on many different machines. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adobe out here ruining the lives and businesses of Architecture companies everywhere. Thanks adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This could be Adobe saving invisible temporary folders on your drive. This will stop you from having write permissions on those files. So even if you go to your permissions and see Read & Write, you still won't be able to save over the file. There are scripts to run that delete tmp and other problematic (non virus) invisible files, but I don't know which are safe to run with the new OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue. We have tried to address it in our beta build. Please take a look at this UserVoice link for more details: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/38772067-can-t-save-fil...

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines