• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to save PDF in Illustrator

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a complex artwork and suddenly I cannot export it to pdf. It saves until about 80%, then it hangs and I have to force quit the app.

I also had to deactivate the 'Create Compatible PDF File' as it does not allow me to save the file that way. Again it goes to 93% then stops for an unexpected error.

I can, however, save the illustrator file, outline, and print.

I tried to save the file with all fonts outlined (I'm using the latest Suitcase Fusion) but no difference.

I'm very worried about this as I have 3 alterations to this file and I would rather not have to do it from scratch. Can you please help?

TOPICS
Import and export , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry working with BigSur V11.1. The latest version of AI. iMac Retina 5K 27"/3.3 6 core

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much RAM do you have? Sounds like that's the choke point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. I am hopeful that the issue is fixed by now. In case you get this issue in future, please try using this inbuilt script.

savePDF from Ai script.png

Feel free to let us know if you still need assistance. We'd be happy to help.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is now nearly a year and a half later and this has NOT been fixed. AI 26.3.1 is STILL hanging when I try to export a PDF. It will not finish. This is what happens when a company is a monopoly. I do not expect this will ever be fixed.

MHBrown

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried opening the .ai file with Acrobat? Or running it through distiller? It probably won't be editable in the way you want...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Would need to know more about or see your file(s). You might have a CMYK jpeg or a nested Symbol, bad font. Hard to say, nothing to go by here not even a screenshot of the art.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines