• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to select anchor handles Illustrator CC

Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Illustrator CC 24.1 on a Mac.  Recently (within the last 6 months), I've been unable to easily select the anchor handles to change a curve.  The handles are visible, but clicking on them takes many tries before the handle is selected (it usually selects the object below instead, even after locking down the object I'm unable to select the anchor).  I've increased the tolerance as well as the size of the handle, and I've tried working with a mouse as well as my Wacom with no improvement.  This happens on my work computer as well as at home, using the same software.

I've seen this issue posted to boards outside of Adobe, but I haven't found a solution yet.  Has anyone here been able to solve it?  Thank you!

[Moved from Community Help (which is about the forums) to a better forum... Mod]
[To find a forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/]

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

sea,

Are you using Smart Guides (with suitable settings), or what happens if you try?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sea,

Are you using Smart Guides (with suitable settings), or what happens if you try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jacob,

Your solution worked (I can't believe it was that easy)!  I've never had to use smart guides in the past, but with them turned on I'm able to select the point on the first try most of the time.

Thanks so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turning on Smart Guides is the workaround but it shouldn't be the case. I've used Illustrator every day since 2002 and it wasn't until the last few versions where the bezier handles became hard to grab. I polled my followers on Instagram about this issue and 64% reported that they experience it which is far higher than I would have expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, I've also been a user for many years and never had this issue with earlier versions.  That said, I've had no trouble since turning on smart guides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeh I turn on Smart Guides but turn everything off in the Smart Guide preferences except for 'Object Highlighting' to keep the overly aggressive 'helpers' from getting in the way, but when I want to use the helpers (alignment etc) I have to go into preferences and turn them back on. Not ideal. I made a feature request to pull those Smart Guide preferences out to a dockable panel, but no dice.

I used to do all my pen drawing with Smart Guides off and then turn Smart Guides on only when I needed the alignment helpers etc. It's definitely been a hit to my speed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines