Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to work with Shapes and Artboards in Illustrator

Explorer ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Any help here would be much appreciated! 

Whenever I try to draw a shape the shape option box instantly opens up rather than me being able to draw the shape I want. It's really frustrating as I'm sure it's a simple setting somewhere but I just can't work out what and everything is taking me so much longer than it should 😞 

Also when I try to copy an artboard it fails to work as it should...

I've tried logging out etc, it's been happening for the past week...

Thanks, Kim 

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your suggestion, I've just tried that but still happening 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any chance you can screen record the issue and post it here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another thought... are you just clicking once and it's appearing or are you clicking and dragging at the same time to create the shape? If you just click once it will appear if you click and drag it will create the shape..?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Whenever I try to draw a shape the shape option box instantly opens up rather than me being able to draw the shape I want. "

You may wan to uncheck the "Show on Shape Creation" option.

Screenshot 2021-06-14 at 16.43.19.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, the option wasn't checked but thank you for showing me something new 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry about this trouble. That’s definitely not the typical experience with the application. As suggested by @sishamIAGD, will it be possible for you to share a small recording from your machine? I would also need a few more details like:

You may also try the suggestions shared on this page ( https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/resolve-slow-performance-and-unexpected-behaviors-in-illu... ) and share your observations with us.

Regards,
Anshul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for all the suggestions. I don't know why but for some unknown reason it seems to be working as expected today.  I will keep an eye on it and come back to this thread if I have a problem in the future.

Interesting my PC ran a number of updates last night... don't know if there could be a connection there?

Thanks,

Kim 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting us know, fingers crossed it all works ok for you now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe Illustrator doesn't like Monday's...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear you're back on track. Please feel free to reach out if you run into any other questions or issues in the future, we'd be happy to help. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines