Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Understanding Why Users Force quits

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Everyone, 

We have seen that many times users force kills the Illustrator app instead of normal quit. We would like to understand the scenarios which force users to kill the app instead of trying to quit the app normally. 

If you can share your reasons, it will help us work on fixing those and improve the overall experience.

Thanks,

Sanjay.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mentor ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because Quit doesn't work?

How about reading through this forum and picking something everyone is complaining about instead...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. When the application freeze the Quit command doesn't work.

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes the system stalls for whatever reason for quite a long time, which has often lead me to the conclusion that the current application is dead. Then I force quit.

I have also on occasion done that in order to stop whatever process is running (emergency exit if you will). I can't remember if I did this in Illustrator as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Force quit is never instead of trying to quit the app normally. I use it when Illustrator becomes unresponsive and normal quit is not available, or as the only possible way to stop a complex process if I change my mind about letting it finish. So, what Marlon and Monika said.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines