Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unimbricate layers from master layer

Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have an issue with my illustrator document.
I try to prepare a .AI file for animation to After Effects so I need every element to be on its own layer and each layer rooted in the document.
I reached the point where I had all wanted elements separated into different layers.
All of these elements were under a master layer. 
When I click on the right of the master layer "TEXTES" all elements are selected(  (see the picture 1 below).
You can notice there is a single circle on the right of the elements OR a double circle.
I managed to unimbricate all "sub-layer" with a single circle on the right (seepicture 2), but all "sub-layers" that have double circle on their right are still under the master layer "TEXTES". I can't seem to "root" them by clicking and dropping beneath the other layers.
Maybe it has to do with their status (I dont know illustrator much but I read thta double circle means "groups" and single circle means "object).

How can I do ??!! 

Thanks a lot for your precious help !

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are compound objects and there is no way to release them to be standalone objects without converting them to actual contiguous fill areas. Technically this should not be an issue, as obviously you would want a hole in your Os and As. Indeed your lack of knowledge how this stuff works is falling on your feet here, but I can't see why this should be any issue. Unless you have very, very special requirements for some exotic use case, I'd consider it moot. If you still have to do it, then be prepared to put in a lot of extra work, which, given your limited knowledge of AI may be in better hands with a more experienced user, no offense.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your answer Mylenium!
I don't take it personnaly no worries, I don't know Illustrator well indeed. But that's a thing I'm willing to look at, so thank you for mentionning it. I'm not sure you completely grabed what I was asking though maybe I didn't made myself clear enough as english isn't my native language. I found a solution. I didn't convert anything into continous fill areas. I thought my images were already on individual layers but it seems there were not ?  I just created additionnal layers and put them in those layers.
Then I could rooh all layers and work from it in After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines