• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uninstall Variable Fonts

Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How does one uninstall the Concept and Variable fonts?

Screen Shot 2020-11-05 at 9.42.01 AM.png

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. In order to remove fonts, please follow the help articles I have shared below:

1. For macOS: https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/font-book/fntb2bcb512d/mac

2. For Windows: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/how-to-install-or-remove-a-font-in-windows-f12d0657-2fc8-7613-c76f-88d043b334b8

If the fonts have been activated by Adobe Fonts, please follow this help article to deactivate them. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. In order to remove fonts, please follow the help articles I have shared below:

1. For macOS: https://support.apple.com/en-in/guide/font-book/fntb2bcb512d/mac

2. For Windows: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/how-to-install-or-remove-a-font-in-windows-f12d0657-2fc8...

If the fonts have been activated by Adobe Fonts, please follow this help article to deactivate them. Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case its Acumin Variable that seems to be pre-installed by Adobe and cannot be removed, via Font Book or any other way so far. It is very anoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are in the Illustrator application package (on the Mac)

On Windows it should be the Support files folder > Required

If you move something out of there, you will have to at least watch out if it affects Illustrator when working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you will be able to remove them easily.

The AcuminVariableConcept.otf, MinionVariableConcept-Roman.otf, SourceCodeVariable-Roman.otf and SourceCodeVariable-Roman.otf are installed in the Illustrator application and are required fonts for InDesign.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2021 Mar 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's actually quite easy. Just search for the font name (or go to Indesign 2021>Resources>Required>Fonts) and rename them. To me it looks like Indesign works just fine without them 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you working on a Mac?

If yes, these annoying Variable Concept or Variable Color fonts are located in one of the folders named fonts, Fonts, VariableFonts, AcadFonts, etc. (I'm not exactly shure which one as I can't check it because I removed them).

1. Right click on the app, choose Show Package Contents from the context menu
  2. Do a search for 'font'
  3. In the search results open all the folders in tabs or windows (select them, right click, choose Open in tabs or with alt pressed Open in windows)
  4. Start throwing out all the fonts you don't need
  5. Check the above folders after each Illustrator update, some might be put back

Happy cleaning!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines